Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Because it's too much to ask for clarity... [poor communication re: radiation]


Below is the message I sent to my radiation oncology team today:

****************************************************

Hello!

I just had a good phone call with Dr. XX [my radiation oncologist's resident], but I am left with some confusion. We never discussed my rt breast in my 7/27 appt. We discussed left, and I was under the impression that all the info we were waiting for was to make a decision about my lft breast, since the rt was never mentioned. Today's phone call was all about the NAC [nipple areolar complex] of my rt breast so I'm very confused.

My current questions are:

  1. what is my risk of recurrence w/o radiation?
  2. Am I correct that all my surgical margins are negative, but close?
  3. What is the size of my surgical margins AFTER the tissue re-excision on 6/3?
  4. What was the specific info provided by pathology that we were waiting for after my 7/27 appt? What is its relevance to a potential treatment plan?

I'm confused about treatment for lft and/or rt breasts, and I am very hesitant to take on radiation therapy unless there are clear, strong measurable indicators that it would be very beneficial/necessary. Thank you!

**********************************************

Let's see when/what I hear...

No comments:

Post a Comment